How to Login to Netgear Router: You will be able to set up and secure your wireless network if you log in your NETGEAR’s router dashboard. To this you will have to follow the following steps:
- Connect your Router to the Network
Make sure that your wireless router is connected to the network through Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Visit your router’s access URL
Type one of the following URL from the list below in your web browser. You may need to try all URL links listed below to find the one that will work for your router.
- Enter your login details
After the login page pops up enter the username and password you chose if you ever made any settings to your router. If you have never made any settings then try the following default username names and passwords from the list below:
This works for most NETGEAR routers:
This works for NETGEAR ReadyNAS routers:
And this works for most NETGEAR fully managed switches:
Password: leave blank
If you forgot your router’s username and password you can still reset your router to factory settings. You will have to use a pen or pin to push and hold the reset button which is on the back of the router until lights start flashing on the front of your router.
Configuring your router for cable internet connection using Smart Wizard:
- First, you will have to connect your modem to the internet port of the NETGEAR router and then your computer to any of the LAN ports.
- Switch off the computer router and broadband/cable modem and then switch them on again. Wait until both of the routers finish booting.
- Go to your web browser and type your router’s IP address in the address bar which will between of the following: http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 then hit enter.
- You will be directed to log into the router.
- Normally the default username is admin and the default password is password.
- Remember that the username and password are case-sensitive.
- If the default username and password fail to work then it is likely that you previously changed you’re your credentials.
- Try to remember what your username and password might be and if you fail then you will have no other option than resetting your router.
- Now click Setup Wizard.
- The Setup Wizard screen display.
- Then choose Yes and click Next.
- The Setup Wizard will detect the type of internet connection. In the case of cable internet connections, the Setup Wizard detects Dynamic IP.
- Click Next. The router will save the settings.
- Remember do not change the default settings unless your internet service provider gives you specific DNS information that you must configure.
- In case you want to check if you are connected to the internet, choose Router Status under Maintenance.
Then look at the IP Address field to see if you have a valid IP address that is not blank or filled with zeroes.